Sales Engineer – IBM Power Practice
Des Moines, IA, Kansas City, MO, or Omaha, NE
LightEdge Solutions is looking for thought leaders for our Sales Engineer – IBM Power Practice position! As a part of the LightEdge Solutions team, you will be accountable for the technical design, solution communication and limited implementation specifically related to our IBM Power cloud offerings. You will partner directly with the Consulting and Sales teams to architect solutions and conduct informative presentations to educate potential customers on the features and business benefits of LightEdge Solutions products. Additionally, you will serve as a technical resource ensuring the successful implementation of the proposed solution.
As a Sales Engineer, you will provide consultation to customers on integrating industry leading technologies into their infrastructure to solve business problems. The Sales Engineer is accountable for developing knowledge of LightEdge Solutions products, procedures and technologies. A successful candidate will be energetic, enthusiastic in dealing with customers and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. You will report to the Director of Sales Engineering and work alongside the Sales and Consulting teams.
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform pre-sales problem analysis/resolution and solution design related to the IBM Power practice
- Assist Sales team through preparation and delivery of technical presentations and statements of work by matching specific client business requirements into effective technical solutions
- Proactively and effectively identify customer requirements and overcome objections to proposed solutions.
- Develop Bill of Materials, technical details and labor estimates for projects
- Support new and existing sales efforts via technical demonstrations and presentations.
- Oversee and conduct technical and sales oriented presentations to customer’s technical staff and senior management.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Extensive Knowledge of IBM I on Power system administration and troubleshooting.
- Experience with ISV software offerings for IBM I on Power.
- Understanding of the IBM I on Power architecture and be fully proficient with OS/400 commands and CL preferred.
- Business consultation sense (ability to tell the customer what they need, not just answer their questions)
- Creative thinker with ability to solve customer problems leveraging technology
- Excellent understanding of corporate environments, including business and regulatory needs.
- Provide consultation and support through written, verbal and face-to-face correspondence
- Other projects, tasks, and duties as assigned