Power Systems Administrator
Des Moines, IA, Kansas City, MO, or Omaha, NE
Candidate must have at least two (2) years hands-on experience in working and supporting IBM i Power environment and related networking equipment. Primarily responsible for the maintenance and administration of Power (IBM i servers, multiple partitions), including message handling, command line utilities, work management, job and print control, device management, system configuration and security setups, backup and restore, client access application, external process and/or file transfer integration, and PTFs management. Also knowing and supporting network equipment as well as TCP/IP networking are required. Experience with replication or HA software like MIMIX or iTera beneficial. You will report to the LightEdge Power Practice manager and Director of Professional Services.
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Assist in daily administration of IBM Power computer hardware and software.
Assist in the daily administration of LightEdge Power Cloud customers monthly service contracts.
Assist in installation, configuration and maintenance of IBM Power computer hardware, software, networked devices and IBM i client-access software, journaling, mirroring software, etc.
Develop, document and maintain procedures for system utilities, such as backups, restores, performance tuning, and configurations and perform daily and quarterly backups of production systems and other backups as required.
Assist in the planning, development and integration of enterprise-wide networks, communication, and technology systems.
Assist in implementing HA fail-over for customers subscribed to LightEdge Enterprise Recovery cloud.
Load and test operating system and application software releases, and fixes in both test and customer production environments.
LightEdge Power Cloud infrastructure and customer hosted LPARs must be maintained and supported 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Participate in LightEdge Power Cloud team and share responsibility for administration of the LightEdge Power Cloud, may serve on additional consulting Practice teams as required.
Create written technical documentation for any work completed
Other projects, tasks and duties as assigned by Power Engineer and Power Practice Manager.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of AS/400 system administration and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of AS400 High Availability setup, configuration and administration of MIMIX, iTerra, etc.
- Knowledge of AS400 networked systems, access and security guidelines and procedures.
- Knowledge of network, hardware and software troubleshooting techniques.
- Skill in solving technically challenging problems involving AS400 based critical applications and hardware issues.
- Skill in prioritizing and balancing multiple tasks.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with other LightEdge employees.
- Skill in providing excellent customer service.
- Skill in working in a teamwork environment.