Des Moines, IA, Kansas City, MO, or Omaha, NE
We are seeking a software developer with experience in all phases of the software development life cycle. This is a unique opportunity to contribute extensively to the success of a rapidly growing technology company and work alongside senior developers to learn new technologies and gain valuable experience. Our developers create and improve the systems that run our business.
We are interested in talking to candidates with the right combination of attitude and experience, whether you are a software developer with years of experience or a highly motivated college graduate that is eager to learn.
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform innovative design and analysis of enhancements to our operational support systems.
- Actively participate in discussions, coding, testing, and troubleshooting.
- Deliver code based on your commitments.
- Develop application changes and integration between applications using various technologies.
- Test, document, and participate in peer reviews of coding changes.
- Work directly with various departments to ensure an understanding and adequate delivery of business demands.
- Perform detail-oriented data analysis on application data to fulfill and verify the business intelligence needs.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, or an associate degree in
- Information Technology and equivalent work experience of at least 2 years working with software development and production support.
- Experience in the full software development process, including analyzing problems, gathering requirements, implementing software, testing, deploying, and supporting the system.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, problem-solving, and analysis skills.
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming languages like Java, C#.NET, and PHP.
- Knowledge of SQL, queries, database programmability, and database design.
- Experience with web APIs is a plus.
- Previous exposure to user interface development, application integration, billing and inventory systems.
- While not required, some understanding of cloud technologies is preferred for this role