Solutions Architect (Compute/Virtualization)
Des Moines, IA; Kansas City, MO; or Omaha, NE
LightEdge Solutions is looking for experienced technical individuals for our Solutions Architect position! As a part of the LightEdge Solutions team, you will be accountable for understanding client business and technical requirements, technical design based on best practices, solution implementation, documentation and communication with your team and client.
As a Solutions Architect, you will provide consultation to customers on integrating industry leading technologies into their infrastructure to solve business problems. The Solutions Architect is accountable for developing knowledge of LightEdge Solutions products, procedures and technologies. A successful candidate will be energetic, enthusiastic in dealing with customers and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform limited pre-sales problem analysis/resolution and solution design
- Work directly with clients to build solutions to meet their needs
- Design and install compute infrastructures including equipment, servers and software at client sites
- Provide consultation and support through written, verbal and face-to-face correspondence
- Create written technical documentation for any work completed.
- Other projects, tasks, and duties as assigned
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree in Information Technology field with 5-7 years work experience in a technology field
- Expert Level with VMware or Hyper-V. Preference given to a VMware VCP Certification
- Strong Experience with VMware NSX Network Virtualization and Security Platform
- VMware PowerCLI experience a plus
- Exposure to Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure a plus
- Strong understanding of networking concepts and troubleshooting. CCNA certification a plus
- Functional experience working in a Windows-based server environment
- Functional experience working in a Linux-based server environment a plus
- Business consultation sense and ability to tell your customer what they need and why, not just answer their questions
- Strong customer service skills (ability to treat others with respect and empathy)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Creative thinker with ability to solve customer problems leveraging technology
- Excellent time management and attention to detail