Solutions Architect (Power Engineer)
Des Moines, IA, Kansas City, MO, or Omaha, NE
Candidate must have at least Ten (10) years hands-on experience in working and supporting IBM Power environment and related networking equipment. Primarily responsible for the maintenance and administration of Power (IBM i servers, AIX, Linux, multiple partitions), including message handling, command line utilities, work management, job and print control, device management, system configuration and security setups, backup and restore, client access application, external process and/or file transfer integration, and PTFs management. Also knowing and supporting network equipment as well as TCP/IP networking are required. Experience with replication or HA software like MIMIX or iTera is required. You will report to the LightEdge Power Practice manager and Director of Professional Services.
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in daily administration of IBM Power computer hardware and software.
- Assist in the daily administration of LightEdge Power Cloud customers monthly service contracts.
- Assist in installation, configuration and maintenance of IBM Power computer hardware, software, networked devices and IBM i client-access software, journaling, mirroring software, etc.
- Develop, document and maintain procedures for system utilities, such as backups, restores, performance tuning, and configurations and perform daily and quarterly backups of production systems and other backups as required.
- Responsible for the design, planning, development and integration of enterprise-wide networks, communication, and technology systems.
- Responsible for designing and implementing HA fail-over for customers subscribed to LightEdge Enterprise Recovery cloud.
- Supervise the load and test operating system and application software releases, and fixes in both test and customer production environments.
- LightEdge Power Cloud infrastructure and customer hosted LPARs must be maintained and supported 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Provide limited supervision in the LightEdge Power Cloud team and share responsibility for administration of the LightEdge Power Cloud.
- Create and review all written technical documentation for any work completed
- Other projects, tasks and duties as assigned by the Power Practice Manager or Director of Professional Services.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of AS/400 system administration and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of AIX system administration and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of AS400 High Availability setup, configuration and administration of MIMIX, iTerra, etc.
- Knowledge of AS400 and AIX networked systems, access and security guidelines and procedures.
- Knowledge of network, hardware and software troubleshooting techniques.
- Skill in solving technically challenging problems involving AS400 and AIX based critical applications and hardware issues.
- Skill in prioritizing and balancing multiple tasks.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with other LightEdge employees.
- Skill in providing excellent customer service.
- Skill in working in a teamwork environment.