Technical Support Specialist
Des Moines, IA, Kansas City, MO
The Technical Support Specialist (TSS) is responsible for providing technical support to the LightEdge customer base, assisting with installs and maintenance, and supporting the Premier Support Group after hours or during periods of high ticket/call volume. This person will monitor the operational support systems to proactively identify service impacting events relating to IT, network, and facility conditions. If you are someone looking to use and grow your technology skills in a rapidly growing and expanding company, this is an ideal opportunity for you!
For this position, we have a variety of shifts to make sure we have 24/7 coverage and so individuals may be brought in on 1st, 2nd or 3rd shifts in both the Des Moines and Kansas City facilities.
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide legendary service in response to customer calls and emails by being courteous, knowledgeable, and professional.
- Efficiently open and work support requests and escalate to the appropriate resources when necessary.
- Accurately document steps taken and actions needed to ensure we are providing consistent customer support across all shifts and departments.
- Effectively communicate and work with customers and internal staff regarding technical support issues with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Provide support and maintain security procedures at our Data Centers and be available to assist customers at the facility.
- Work on projects assigned by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of an associate degree in Information Technology or equivalent work experience with an eagerness to learn
- One to three years of experience with general server, storage, network environments and general operations at an enterprise level
- Basic to intermediate understanding of security practices and devices such as Fortinet FortiGate Firewalls preferred
- Basic to intermediate understanding of mail administration and DNS concepts
- Intermediate understanding of TCP/IP
- Highly qualified candidates will have an intermediate experience with virtualization technology such as the following: Cisco UCSD, Veeam, Avamar, and VMWare.
- CCNA or equivalent Cisco security certification and/or experience preferred
- Able to maintain professional demeanour under stress
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and adapt to changes in technology
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for work in a collaborative team environment
- Exceptional attention to detail while also able to multitask and shift between priorities
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office Products