The Data Center / Facilities Technician with LightEdge Solutions will be responsible for managing and maintaining all aspects of our data centers, and other critical facilities. This will include working directly with other engineers, support staff, senior management, vendors and contractors to ensure the highest levels of industry standards, availability, security and efficiency are always met. This position will be based out of the Papillion, NE Data Center. The employee will be a member of the DC Operations team and will report directly to the Facilities Manager.
- Coordinate maintenance work with vendors for core data center infrastructure, including UPS’s, Generators, electrical, cooling and fire suppression systems.
- Work with other LightEdge personnel, contractors and vendors to diagnose and troubleshoot problems with data center equipment.
- Install servers and network devices into racks
- Work with project managers and technicians to facilitate new client service installations
- Handle incoming shipments
- Facilitate data center tours
- Coordinate and assist in the design layout and installation of new racks and cages
- Install networking equipment and network cabling
- Respond to and resolve alarm events affecting infrastructure and services
- Follow established Change Control processes; review follow MOPs for Change activities
- Ensure operational efficiencies and best practices toward maintaining availability/
uptime of all 24X7 facilities mission critical operations and infrastructure
- Share technical knowledge and operational experience with team members to
enhance professional growth and effective cross training of the Data center and Support
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Responsible for installing hardware and cabling necessary for installation of IT new services.
- Must be proficient in all wiring types and requirements, such as Ethernet, Phone, CAT5 vs. CAT6, Fiber
- Experience with day-to-day standard maintenance activates in data centers
- Familiarity with telco central office equipment.
- This position requires that you be capable of consoling into equipment (various vendors; Cisco, Fortinet, Brocade, Etc) and being able to provide basic troubling shooting of assistance onsite where necessary. The equipment list includes, but is not limited to: Servers, Blade Chassis, Routers, Switches, Firewalls
- Experience monitoring and operating complex electrical systems, including generators, transfer switches, PDU’s, Breaker panels and UPS’s
- Knowledge of data center cooling systems and airflow management techniques
- Ability to multitask and prioritize activities in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with building management systems and computerized management systems is desired supporting and augmenting building monitoring systems. This is not a requirement but is a skillset preferred for this position
- The ability to work afterhours as weekends as required.