The Sales Engineer is the technological mouthpiece for LightEdge Solutions’s sales engine. The role is focused primarily on building relationships and consultatively selling how LightEdge’s service offerings, technologies, systems, and processes are well suited to the individual needs of each customer. The Sales Engineer is the nexus point between LightEdge Engineering and Sales in building solutions for potential customers. Once introduced into a sales cycle, the Sales Engineer is the primary contact point for all advanced technical questions about LightEdge’s services, infrastructure, onboarding process, and product roadmap.
Additionally, the Sales Engineer will become the point of contact within LightEdge for vertical specific technical expertise such as HIPAA and/or financial services specific knowledge as it relates to the LightEdge sales cycle. Becoming a topic area expert and owning how specific verticals co-mingle with current and future LightEdge services is a key component of this role.
LightEdge is a fast growing company. As such, ample opportunity exists to drive systematization and development of effective, repeatable process flows in the technical components of the sales cycle, from services tuning and rationalization to technology sourcing. This role is best suited to an entrepreneurial spirit who thrives on the ability to step up and make a difference within an organization. It will require exceptional written and verbal communication skills, a willingness to learn, and go above and beyond the job description in building the sales engineering skill set and competency within LightEdge Solutions.
Support LightEdge Solutions’s sales team in consultatively selling potential customers on the technical components of LightEdge’s data center services
- Understand and articulate LightEdge’s technology infrastructure: Managed Hardware & Software, Network, Electrical, HVAC, Physical and Logical Security, SLAs, etc.
- Work to consultatively build solutions to meet each customer’s specific needs
- Lead the specification and sourcing components of solution generation, especially as it relates to managed hosting and cloud computing
- Perform Data Center tours
- Travel off-site to do account review meetings at customers’ locations
Lead all vertical-related onboarding processes. Often this process will be completed after the sale has been made
- Identify these as opportunities during the sales cycle
- You are the quarterback in charge of pulling customer and LightEdge Solutions resources together, ensuring deadlines are hit, and where additional decisions need to be made that the issues are framed appropriately
Drive the development and implementation of key sales cycle processes
- Help lead the effort to build out a more standard “catalog” of products and services
- Drive standardization in our hardware procurement and pricing processes
Meet or exceed quarterly quota for new business activity for the sales reps you are supporting
Network within the Des Moines and Central Iowa community to build relationships and brand awareness for LightEdge.
Track and report
- Track and report all sales activity on a weekly basis
- Maintain all customer and new business prospect information in CRM database
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years solutions engineering experience with proven track record
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related technical field preferred
- Strong managed hosting/infrastructure experience
- Advanced experience with CRM software
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the IT technology space
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills