Technical Writer / Knowledge Manager
LightEdge Solutions, a leading Cloud and Colocation provider, is looking for a Technical Writer & Knowledge Manager to contribute to the suite of technical product offerings by creating documentation, owning and managing a knowledge repository for relevant documentation, and providing insight into customer experience and user interfaces.
Documentation creation is designed to aid Product Support, Support product Customer Service Guides, Operations accompanying Service Level Agreements (SLA’s). This position will work collaboratively with many stakeholders across the organization including product managers, engineers, operations, security specialists, sales, and marketing. This position will report to the Vice President of Operations.
- Working alongside internal technical and product teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product, documentation requirements, customer requirements, and contracted service levels.
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience both internal and external customers.
- Resolve technical concepts to get consensus of changes in scope or product descriptions on features and functionality.
- Incorporate a variety of techniques such as diagrams, charts, photographs, animation, and videos to increase users’ understanding or provide training.
- Select appropriate medium for message or audience, such as manuals, mobile, or online help.
- Maintain all technical documentation under change control and operate the process for collecting modifications for the documentation.
- Centralize, consolidate, and maintain documentation repositories.
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help, developer guides, FAQs, and process flows.
- Work with technical staff to make products easier to use and thus need fewer instructions. Represent customer experience in interactions with LightEdge portals and websites.
- Develop repeatable templates for use in many scenarios standardizing content across platforms and media.
- Provide product improvement recommendations to drive ease of use.
- Manage multiple priorities and deadlines in a matrix environment.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years experience in technical writing of software and infrastructure documentation.
- Knowledge of best practices related to knowledge management
- Ability to deliver high quality technical documentation with attention to detail, the end-user experience, and Support
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable and actionable in text and pictures.
- Understanding of basic technologies like cloud computing, DRaaS, Security, Data Center.
- Hands on experience with setup and administration of wiki platforms, SharePoint, Office365, Camtasia/Video editing tools.
- Ability to understand and incorporate both technical and business language/terms.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills including the ability to interact with a wide variety of team members, from front line to executive.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Visio.