Compliant, secure Colocation Services in Des Moines, IA
Your data deserves better. Get highly available, highly secure Colocation Services from our Des Moines data center facilities. LightEdge’s Des Moines Colocation facilities protect your data with the most advanced engineering, security and technology systems available, ensuring the highest levels of uptime, availability and redundancy for your infrastructure.
Our Des Moines Colocation facilities offer:
- Reduce Risk: Our Des Moines Colocation Services are strictly maintained to HIPAA, PCI DSS, ISO 20000-1, ISO 27001, SSAE 18 SOC 1 Type II, SOC 2 Type II and SOC 3 standards to maximize your security and compliance.
- Leverage Proactive Support: Backed by 24/7/365 technical support for tactical response, our highly trained and industry-certified techs diagnose, isolate, troubleshoot and resolve issues in a highly controlled manner.
- Easily Scale: Scalable from a single rack to 10,000-square-foot suites. Combine our Cloud, Business Continuity, or Security Services to create a powerful hybrid solution that fits your specific requirements.
- Benefit from our Network: LightEdge has combined best-of-class networking and equipment with top tier providers and fiber connections to ensure the utmost in data center connectivity.
We’re dedicated to supporting your mission-critical operations as your business evolves. Whether you need a rack, cage or a private suite to accommodate your needs, you’ll benefit from LightEdge’s enterprise-class Des Moines data centers, redundant power architecture, and advanced cooling design, plus the ability to easily scale as needed. You can also take advantage of our hybrid hosting, which lets you combine Colocation with our Managed Services and cloud offerings, so you can easily scale without the large capital costs associated with hardware and software.
Plus, you gain 24/7/365 access to support teams of certified engineers located at our Des Moines data centers. While other providers stop at the network layer, our Full 7-Layer Support delivers expertise up the stack when you need it most.
Des Moines Colocation Highlights
Structure – The buildings have 12” reinforced pre-cast concrete walls with joints reinforced and tested to 200+ MPH winds. The campus is built to suit up to 20,000 square feet of additional data center space on the property.
Power – The facilities have a power density of 225 Watts per square foot with redundant power utility feeds delivered underground. This eliminates outages due to wind, snow and ice. Iowa power costs are among the lowest in the nation.
Cooling – Cooling through packaged HVAC units located at the side of each facility to minimize roof penetrations.
Security –Data center physical security complies with PCI DSS and HIPAA, and is audited annually to meet ISO 20000-1, ISO 27001, and SSAE 18 SOC I Type II, SOC 2 Type II and SOC 3 requirements. The facilities have bulletproof glass and secure check-in at the main entrances, plus man traps, biometric scanners and tailgate sensors at all other access points. Closed-circuit TV monitored 24/7/365 with video archiving. 24/7 manned Network Operations Center with engineering staff performing hourly walk-arounds.
Redundancy – Redundancy is built into all LightEdge data centers. Our facilities are designed to weather nearly any conceivable incident with very minimal downtime. Our Des Moines Colocation facilities have redundant isolated path power architecture for S+1 diversified electrical, multiple redundant utility transformers, generators, automatic transfer switches (ATSs), main switch panels, UPSs, and PDUs.
Location –Central Iowa has consistently been ranked as one of the lowest-risk areas for data center placement. The threat of natural disasters is extremely minimal. The facilities are located just 25 minutes from the Des Moines International Airport.
Des Moines Data Center I
1435 Northridge Circle
Altoona, IA 50009
Des Moines Data Center II
1401 Northridge Circle
Altoona, IA 50009
Colocation Services Options
Rack – You can opt for a rack-based solution in a more cost-effective, shared data center environment for smaller space requirements. Racks can be added when it’s time to scale.
Cage – Located within a shared space, you gain all the advantages of the existing LightEdge network and data center infrastructure, plus the convenience and security of a dedicated, secure cage to house critical information.
Private Suite – A physically separate, dedicated space with cooling, power, network and access options for a higher level of customized Colocation Service.
Data Center Security & Compliance
- ISO 20000-1 and ISO 27001 certified
- SSAE 18 SOC 1 Type II, SOC 2 Type II and SOC 3 certified, enterprise-class data centers
- Meet requirements for HIPAA and PCI DSS compliance
- Multi-layer physical and logical security systems
- Multi-factor, biometric authentication on all critical entry points
- Bulletproof man-trap for entry authentication
- 24/7/365 monitored video surveillance with 90 days retained
- Onsite NOC staffed around-the-clock in each data center
Secure Colocation Facilities
- Secure cabinets, cages, and private suites
- Individually locking, audit-traceable rack systems
- Custom security options, including biometrics and keypads
- 48U full cabinets
- 1U increments available in secured shared cabinets
- Dedicated Workplace Recovery space
Fully Redundant Critical Systems
- Redundant isolated path power architecture
- S+1 power from the substation to the rack
- Always-on double conversion UPS systems
- Minimum N+1 redundancy on HVAC infrastructure
- Advanced airflow delivery and containment
- Redundant 1.5MW diesel generators
- Super-vault tanks with 48 Hours of fuel and priority refueling
- Dual-interlock, dry-pipe, pre-action fire suppression system
- Full mesh network architecture to ensure 100% uptime
- Carrier neutral network data center facility
- Dynamic, performance optimized, best path routing
- Dedicated links between data centers
- Private fiber services linking Des Moines data centers to Denver, CO and Chicago, IL (Cermac) for large scale Internet and carrier network integration
- Colocation data centers are located within 1 mile of major telecommunication highway. Dark Fiber and Lit Services are available from a multitude of providers including Verizon, Sprint, ATT, Centurylink, Windstream, Unite, PinPoint, Level 3, Aureon, Mediacom, US Networks, Cogent and more.