Compliant, secure Colocation Services in Kansas City, MO
Leverage our carrier-grade data center facilities to host your corporate resources. We offer custom Colocation options, dedicated staff, and the most advanced data center facilities. With all these features, we bring you higher availability and reliability at a lower price point and greater efficiency than an individual custom build-out.
We’re dedicated to supporting your mission-critical operations as your business evolves. Whether you need a rack, cage, or a private suite to accommodate your needs, you’ll benefit from LightEdge’s enterprise-class Kansas City data center, redundant power architecture, and advanced cooling design. Our hybrid hosting lets you take advantage of our managed services and cloud offerings, so you can easily scale without the large capital costs associated with hardware and software.
Plus, you gain 24/7/365 access to support teams of certified engineers located at our Kansas City data center. While other providers stop at the network layer, our Full 7-Layer Support delivers expertise up the stack when you need it most.
Our Kansas City Colocation facilities offer:
- Reduced Risk: Our Kansas City Colocation Services are strictly maintained to HIPAA, PCI DSS, ISO 20000-1, ISO 27001, SSAE 18 SOC 1 Type II, SOC 2 Type II and SOC 3 standards to maximize your security and compliance.
- Proactive Support: Backed by 24/7/365 “Remote Hands” technical support for tactical response. Our highly trained and industry-certified techs diagnose, isolate, troubleshoot and resolve issues in a highly controlled manner.
- Scalable: Scalable from a single rack to 10,000-square-foot suites. Combine our cloud, managed, or security services to create a powerful hybrid solution that fits your exact requirements.
- Network: Interconnected with an advanced network backbone to serve next generation computing requirements.
- Power: Designed for high-density cloud computing environments.
Kansas City Colocation Highlights
Location – Home to one of the world’s most advanced telecommunications networks, Kansas City is a major focal point for both long-haul and transcontinental fiber. The threat of natural disasters is also extremely minimal.
Structure – The underground, solid limestone structure is 6X stronger than concrete, and allows for contiguous expansion in the form of private rack/cage space and hard wall suite environments.
Power – The area, which hosts the Kansas City Power & Light’s electrical grid, is known for its constant, uninterrupted power service. The data center facility itself will have a power density of 225 Watts per square foot.
Cooling – Redundant Liebert cooling systems ensure that servers are kept at their optimal operating temperature.
Security – It is accessed, monitored and controlled 24/7/365 by video monitoring, DVR retention, key card security and biometric access points. SSAE 18 and ISO 20000-1 and ISO 27001 audited, and meets requirements for PCI DSS and HIPAA.
Redundancy – Redundancy is built into all LightEdge data centers, from power and cooling, to geographically-diverse central offices, to multiple data network carrier access. Our facilities are designed to weather nearly any conceivable incident with very minimal downtime.
Colocation Services Options
Suite – A physically separate, dedicated space with cooling, power, network and access options for a high level of customized service.
Cage – Located within a shared space, you gain all the advantages of the existing LightEdge network and data center infrastructure, plus the convenience and security of a dedicated, secure cage to house critical information.
Rack – To meet smaller space requirements, you can opt for a rack-based solution in a more cost-effective, shared data center environment, and add racks to scale as needed.
Data Center Security & Compliance
- ISO 20000-1 and ISO 27001 certified
- SSAE 18 SOC 1 Type II, SOC 2 Type II and SOC 3 certified, enterprise-class data centers
- Multi-layer physical and logical security systems
- Multi-factor, biometric authentication on all critical entry points
- Bulletproof man-trap for entry authentication
- 24/7/365 monitored video surveillance with 90 days retained
- Onsite NOC staffed around-the-clock in each data center
Secure Colocation Facilities
- Secure cabinets, cages, and private suites
- Individually locking, audit-traceable rack systems
- Custom Security Options, Including Biometrics and Keypads
- 48U full cabinets
- 1U increments available in secured shared cabinets
- Dedicated Workplace Recovery space
Fully Redundant Critical Systems
- Redundant isolated path power architecture
- S+1 power from the substation to the rack
- Always-on double conversion UPS systems
- Minimum N+1 redundancy on HVAC infrastructure
- Advanced cooling with full cold aisle containment
- Redundant 1.5MW diesel generators
- Super-vault tanks with 48 Hours of fuel and priority refueling
- Dual-interlock, dry-pipe, pre-action fire suppression system
- Full mesh network architecture to ensure 100% uptime
- Carrier neutral network data center facility
- Blended bandwidth via multiple Tier 1 providers
- Dynamic, performance optimized, best path routing
- Redundant and diverse fiber delivery
- Dedicated links between data centers