Junior Project Manager
Des Moines, IA, Kansas City, MO, or Omaha, NE
Our Consulting Team is currently looking to for an energetic, detail-oriented, driven Junior Project Manager to join their group. This individual will manage projects from contract execution through provisioning, ensuring the Customer experiences service delivery that is on time, in scope and delivered with the utmost professionalism. The Junior Project Manager is responsible for establishing Kick-off calls, Stakeholder validation, Plan creation, Monitor & Control, Resource Coordination, and adherence to Timeline and Scope. The Junior Project Manager will be the main point of contact for their customer until project completion and service is activated.
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure each project is delivered on-time and within scope
- Effectively manage and respond to changing scope and schedule
- Effectively manage resource availability and assignment
- Ability to manage 10-20 projects at a time
- Minimize our exposure and risk on a project.
- Follows standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately.
- Reviews deliverables with the project team before relaying them to the client.
- Effectively apply and enforce project standards.
- Report weekly to management on project status
- Facilitate project team and client meetings effectively.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to superiors.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely manner.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Communicate effectively with clients to set and manage expectations.
- Other duties as assigned
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1-2 years project management experience (preferred, but not required to be in Information Technology)
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented
- Excellent customer facing communication skills
- Able to maintain professional demeanor under stress
- Demonstrate knowledge of LightEdge service offerings
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and adapt to changes