Scope and Consent
This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide to us and outlines our practices for collecting, processing, storing, protecting, and using that information.
This Policy applies to personal information and other information collected by LightEdge or its service providers from or about: (i) visitors to, or users of, LightEdge Website; (ii) prospective and current customers using LightEdge hosting and information technology services (“Services”), including, but not limited to, communication, data center and cloud-based data storage, business and consumer continuity services, IT management, and technology consulting services, as described in the Service Agreements; (iii) users of any software that it offers; (iv) service providers and business partners; (v) job applicants; (vi) employees; and (vii) other third-parties that it interacts with.
LightEdge will collect Customer Data, as defined in LightEdge Service Agreements, which may include personal data, only to the extent and in such a manner as is necessary to provide the Services under the Agreement or as otherwise instructed by Customer.
By providing your personal information to LightEdge, as described in this Policy, you:
- Agree that you are authorized to provide that information;
- Are accepting this Policy.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, please do not interact with our services or disclose any information on the LightEdge Website. This Policy may change at any time. Your continued use of LightEdge Website and our services is deemed to be acceptance of the Policy changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Purpose of Collecting and Use of Information
LightEdge may collect personal and non-personal information from you. “Personal Information” means any information that can reasonably identify you, including an opinion from which you are reasonably identifiable. It may also include information that identifies a legal entity, such as company name. We may also collect non-personal information that is related to you but that does not personally identify you. Non-personal Information also includes information that could personally identify you in its original form, but that has been modified in order to remove or hide any Personal Information.
We may collect the following information from you in the following ways:
- Information you provide to us or our service providers. You may provide Personal Information when you: (i) access LightEdge Website; (ii) request, purchase, and use the Services; (iii) create and access LightEdge Portal and manage your LightEdge account; (iv) use software provided by LightEdge; (v) communicate with LightEdge via phone calls, text, chat, email, web forms, social media, and other methods of communication; (vi) contact Service support; (vii) subscribe to LightEdge marketing material; (viii) apply for a job; (ix) or provide services to LightEdge.
- Information we collect via Mobile device communication. When you access our LightEdge website through your mobile device, we may receive information about your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device.
- Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with third parties, including business partners, service providers, sub-contractors, marketing agencies, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, fraud protection services, and resellers, and may receive information about you from them.
- Information we receive from Social Media Platforms. We may receive certain information that is stored or processed by third parties, such as the social media sites when you interact with us through the social media platforms. Each social media platform may have a privacy statement that specifically governs its use of social media features.
- Public Forums and Blogs. LightEdge Website may feature blogs or public forums. Any Personal Information that you choose to submit via such a forum may be read, collected, or used by others who visit these forums, and may be used to send you unsolicited messages.
- Co-branding. LightEdge Services may be offered in conjunction with another company. If you use such Service, both LightEdge and the other company may receive the Personal Information collected via that co-branded Service. The company whose privacy statement is displayed on a co-branded website will be responsible for Personal Information collected on such a website.
- Third-party Vendors. LightEdge may engage the services of third-party vendors that in the process of providing services to LightEdge Customers, may need to collect Personal Information about you, including name, email address, and online activity.
We may collect the following types of information from you:
- Your Contact Information, including full name, company name, job title, telephone numbers, fax numbers, mailing addresses, email addresses, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of LightEdge (“Contact Information”). If you are purchasing or using Services, LightEdge requires that you provide your contact information (“Required Contact Information”).
- Transactional Information, including information about the Services you use, and how you interact with us and the Services, such as email, phone, or LightEdge Portal.
- Financial Information, including billing information, such as billing name and address, and a credit card number, including card security number and credit card date of expiration.
- Other Optional Information, including you company information that may help us tailor our Services to your needs, if agreed between our Customers and LightEdge.
- Information Collected by Automated Means, including information that LightEdge collects through cookies and other similar tools. This information may include browser type and browser language information, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and your activities on LightEdge Website, such as what web pages are viewed, number of visits, access time, the links clicked, device ID or other unique identifier, domain name, screen views, language information, device name and model, and operating system type, the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave LightEdge Website, your computer operating system, and mobile device operating system, if you are accessing LightEdge Website using a mobile device. The collected information may also include use of Service features and functionality of the Services. LightEdge does not monitor or view the specific data stored by our Customers using our Services, but LightEdge needs to track the various parameters of transferred data, such as file size and format, in order to support bandwidth monitoring and storage usage features. This collected information is treated as Non-Personal Information and in accordance with the Service Agreements.
- Sensitive Information: LightEdge will not intentionally collect or maintain, or ask to provide, any information regarding your medical or health condition, race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs or other sensitive information.
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways in order to provide the Services to you, unless otherwise specified in the Service Agreement:
- To contact you. We use your Contact Information to communicate with you about the Services you use, to send you announcements about the Services; or notify you of promotional activities.
- For marketing purposes. We use your Contact Information to recommend products and services that might be of interest to you and to send you marketing materials. You may opt-out from receiving such communications. Your decision to opt-out from our marketing communications will not affect your ability to continue receiving the Services from us.
- To provide the Services to you. LightEdge needs the Required Contact Information, Transactional Information, and Financial Information in order to process order requests and payments for our Services; provide the Services to you; provide access to secure areas of our website; create and maintain your account, and control access to it.
- To measure interest in LightEdge Website. LightEdge needs Information Collected via Automated Means to: measure interest in our website; develop our web pages and marketing plans; customize and improve the content you view when you visit LightEdge Website; and enable us to review, develop, and improve the Services we provide. Collecting this information is not essential and will not affect your ability to continue receiving the Services from us.
- To enable third parties to provide services to us. We may need to provide your Required Contact Information to third parties so that they may carry out technical, accounting, logistical or other functions on our behalf. We may engage third-parties to provide us with LightEdge website usage and browsing reports and analytics.
- To protect our business. We use information we collect to prevent or detect fraud or abuses of the LightEdge Website and Services, and to identify and protect our business from fraudulent transactions.
- To manage our everyday business needs. We may use information we collect to administer and manage our business; train our employees; help promote compliance with our terms of service or any other agreements between us; allow you to apply for a job; carry out research and development; carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent; or to comply with the law.
- Other Uses. If you purchase our Services online, we will use the information you provide during the Portal account set-up and configuration. Information you submit through online Portal or email is archived and may be connected to information that we collect about your web visits. Your phone call for technical support or other services may be recorded for training purposes and we may enter information you provide via telephone, or other means of communication, into our systems and use it for the purposes described in this section.
In an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers and to comply with applicable email marketing laws and regulations, we compare our list of prospects and customers to those email lists that we receive from other companies.
Disclosure of Information
Except for the limited circumstances described in this Policy or your applicable Service agreement, the Personal Information we gather is for internal use only and we will not authorize the release of this information to anyone outside of LightEdge, other than to our authorized service providers or upon disclosure consent. In circumstances where we need to share your Personal Information to third parties, as described in this Policy, we will only share it to the extent reasonably necessary. We may also share your Personal Information, as required or permitted by law.
- Disclosure to our Service Providers and Third-Party Business Partners: We may disclose, to the extent it is necessary to provide services, Personal Information to third party service providers and partners. We require that our third-party service providers and business partners agree to keep confidential all information we share with them and to use the information only to perform their obligations in the agreements we have in place with them. These third-party service providers and business partners are expected to maintain privacy and security protections that are consistent with LightEdge Privacy and Information Security Policies. Any information that you choose to provide to these third parties independently is subject to their respective privacy policies and practices.
- Disclosure to Others: Should you breach any of our Service terms and conditions or if LightEdge is under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information in order to comply with any legal or compliance obligation, we may disclose your information to a relevant authority. We may need to release the information we collect to third parties when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law, to enforce our legal rights, to protect the rights, safety or property of our business and others, or to assist with industry efforts to control fraud, spam or other undesirable conduct and as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions. We may also provide information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock.
- Disclosure Upon Consent: We may also disclose your Personal Information and other information upon your consent.
- Other: We may disclose anonymous information that does not identify any individual or company without restriction for data report purposes.
Customer Management of Information
- Communication Preferences and Opt-outs. You may manage your communication preferences via LightEdge Portal or by contacting us. You may also opt-out from receiving communication from us. In accordance with industry standards and applicable laws, we reserve the right to retain your Personal Information for a reasonable amount of time so we can ensure that we do not contact you in the future
- Access, Correction, and Deletion. If you would like to know what Personal Information we hold about you, you may submit a request to us. We will supply Personal Information about you and that we hold in our own files within the reasonable timeframes stipulated by law. Please note that some requests may be subject to a reasonable fee. If you would like us to delete your Personal Information from our records then please contact us by using the details below and we will respond within a reasonable time. Please note that we may be required to retain certain information by law and/or for own legitimate business purposes.
To protect your privacy, we will require you to prove your identity before granting access to, or agreeing to update, correct or delete your Personal Information and we will only implement requests with respect to Personal Information about you (not anyone else).
- Choosing not to provide us with certain information. You can choose not to provide certain information when using LightEdge Website or Services but this may prevent you from being able to take full advantage of the functions available online and it may prevent us from being able to provide you with Services.
Security of Customer Information
- The Security Measures Taken. We are committed to industry best practice when it comes to preventing loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorized access, or unlawful or unnecessary processing of the information we collect, as described in this Policy, including, but not limited to, make use of encryption technology as appropriate; use appropriate network access control technology to limit access to the systems where data is stored; monitor for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
LightEdge cannot guarantee that the technical, physical and organizational measures we take will prevent every security threat nor can we guarantee that the information we collect from you will not be improperly accessed, used, altered or destroyed. We will notify you if we discover there has been a material breach of security, which resulted in an unauthorized disclosure of your Personal Information.
- The Steps Customers Should Take. To help maintain the security of information you provide to LightEdge or store on LightEdge hosted systems, Customers are expected to take reasonable steps, including, but not limited to: keeping your passwords private; ensuring unauthorized persons do not have access to your account information or passwords; promptly notifying us of any potential unauthorized use; implementing appropriate security measures for the data you store on the LightEdge hosted system; and understanding that some information shared through forums and social media may be public.
Data Integrity and Right to Access Your Personal Information
Personal Information LightEdge collects is relevant for the purposes for which it is to be used. LightEdge takes reasonable steps to help ensure that data is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and current. We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you the Services or as long as needed to fulfil the purpose for which Personal Information was originally collected.
As noted in section 5 above, you have the rights to access, correct and request the deletion of your own Personal Information in accordance with applicable law. You are also entitled to oppose to certain data processing practices or to revoke consent previously granted, to the extent permitted by the law. In order to exercise such rights please contact LightEdge at: email@example.com.
If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer provide you the Services, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. In response, we will cancel or remove your information but may retain and use copies of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Customer Data – Personal Information of Our Customers’ Clients
Our customers use the Service to host, transmit or process data on our hosted systems, which may include your Personal Information (“Customer Data”). In these situations, it is our customers rather than us who decide the reasons for which the Customer Data is collected and otherwise processed. LightEdge will not review, share, distribute, nor reference any such Customer Data except as provided in the Service agreement that we have in place with the customer, or as may be required by law. Nothing contained in this Policy shall be construed to alter specific terms and conditions applicable to the Services. Our customers remain responsible for Personal Information that they collect and process and for compliance with applicable data protection laws.
Our customers are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of their accounts and access to the hosted systems, and encrypting any Personal Information they store on or transmit to/from our hosted system. For details of how the Customer Data will be used and protected, and details of how to access or correct it, amend or delete inaccuracies please refer to the privacy statement of the relevant LightEdge customer to which you submitted your Personal Information. If requested to remove your personal data, we will inform our customer within a reasonable timeframe.
LightEdge provides its services under the direction of its customers, and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data our customers process. If you are a client of one of our customers and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our customers that use our service, please contact the customer that you interact with directly.
We may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our customers.
Privacy Practices of Third Parties
This Policy only addresses the use and disclosure of Personal Information collected by LightEdge offline or via LightEdge Website, or the Services. In the course of our interactions with you, we may provide you with links to third-party websites for your convenience and information, including software providers. The privacy practices of those sites may differ from our own practices and are not controlled by us nor covered by this Policy. We do not make any representations about third-party websites. We encourage you to review their privacy policies before submitting your personal data.
Inquiries or Complaints
If you have a question or complaint about this Policy or our information collection practices, please contact us at: email@example.com. We will investigate the matter and are committed to resolve any privacy concerns that you may have.
Our business changes constantly and our Policy may also change from time to time. You should check the LightEdge Website frequently to see recent changes and latest revisions. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy to stay informed about how we collect, use and share information provided to us by our Customers.
1.0 | May 2006 | None
2.0 | January 2018 | Amended Scope, Collection of Information, Disclosure of Information, Inquiries and Complaints, Change