The IBM i platform remains a widely-used, core business system designed for data processing and workload-optimized applications. Famed for its reliability and security, it is the core infrastructure for many organizations’ essential operations.
Despite its widespread use and critical nature, the legacy aspects of this compute environment make it a challenge to maintain in-house. As demand and necessity for next-generation operating systems, apps, and integration require a balance between old and new, LightEdge has introduced a collection of IBM i Power solutions.
LightEdge provides specialized resources to ensure stability and evolution or your IBM i environment, including expert IBM i support, Hosted Logical Partitions (LPARs), Data Protection, and Disaster Recovery. Now you can have all the benefits of a trusted IBM i platform with the flexibility and redundancy of a cloud solution.
Extend and Defend your IBM i Investment
• Application Modernization – Unbundle your highly-integrated IBM i environment to facilitate cost effective test/dev
• Platform Upgrades – Off-site, isolated LPARs allow customers to perform independent upgrades, and the ability to test either the OS or applications with no production service disruption
• Production Platform Improvements – Gain access to system and platform improvements that would otherwise be expensive to duplicate (HA, all flash encrypted storage arrays, encrypted virtual tape library, compliant and connected data centers)
• Stranded Operating Systems – LightEdge Power Cloud experts have developed migration roadmaps for every iSeries OS (v5.4, v7.1) to eliminate dead ends that often lead to difficult and costly migrations
• Disaster Recovery – Highly cost effective, customer-specific DR solutions that provide business continuity confidence
• Skills Shortage – We act as an extension of your IT team by staying ahead of the constant updates and technology changes, so you don’t have to
• Cost Containment – Power Cloud includes upgrades to current hardware, software, and licenses to save you the cost of purchasing and maintaining
• Growth & Scale – Power Cloud can support the sometimes unpredictable growth at a pace that’s beyond the traditional iSeries
The LightEdge Power Cloud Difference
LightEdge operates a specialty division for IBM i platform managed hosting services and dedicated disaster recovery solutions. The Power Team at LightEdge has a combined 120 years of experience working with IBM systems for companies large and small, across all industries.
As a proven IBM Delivery Partner, LightEdge operates advanced, highly connected, Tier III data centers in Des Moines, Kansas City, and Omaha. We are ISO 20000-1 and ISO 27001 validated, and SSAE 16 SOC 1, 2 & 3 Type II audited with 24/7/365 NOC support. We provide customized, yet flexible, SLAs and contracts that enable clients to work in the manner they choose. We deliver total end-to-end IBM platform support or selective outsourcing as required.
LightEdge Power Cloud Offerings:
Hosted LPARs – Virtual Servers for IBM AS/400, iSeries, System i on demand. LightEdge will scale unique LPARs for your apps and host them in our Tier III Data Centers, connected to your business over high-speed LAN/WAN or internet.
Data Protection – Incremental backups and continuous replication that remove the need for tape. LightEdge leverages Data Domain, EMC’s enterprise-class recovery solution designed for network-efficient replications, reduced backup windows and RTO/RPO improvements at scale. Data replication is facilitated using MIMIX® for real-time replication to a fully operational server environment at LightEdge.
IBM i Recovery Cloud – A tested plan for running on backup. LightEdge reserves a pre-configured LPAR and the data center resources needed to recover your critical IT systems. Gain premium restoration resources at a price point only multi-tenancy offers. We include one full system restore test per year, along with the DR resources required to accomplish it. This flexible platform and an infinitely scalable resource pool ensures rapid RPO/RTO to meet stringent business requirements.
IBM i Premium Recovery Cloud – Real-time replication with prime-time delivery through hosted LPARs, fully connected and available at LightEdge. Leverage a second live system for full redundancy, as well as, the distribution of certain I/O intensive apps for increased performance on your primary system. LightEdge delivers proven High Availability (HA) and failover DR services to protect against IBM i platform or component failure, or to allow for scheduled downtime. This near-zero downtime solution includes quarterly failover testing.