What is a private cloud?
Private cloud is a model of hosting where cloud computing services and IT infrastructure are hosted privately and dedicated to a single organization with isolated access. It can be hosted on-premise or by a third party cloud hosting provider.
LightEdge Dedicated Private Cloud Services (DPC)
LightEdge Dedicated Private Cloud (DPC) offers a physically discrete, single-tenant environment with the highest level of performance, control and security at a predictable monthly price. Our Dedicated Private Cloud is powered by VMware and delivers the flexibility of virtualization, ideal for mission-critical applications and compliance standards, while allowing you to retain full control of your server.
Cloud Management Made Easy
Your dedicated private cloud environment at LightEdge could not be easier to manage, automate and integrate. Our DPC portal provides single-pane policy-based provisioning, process automation and infrastructure management. We help you deliver high-performance resources from LightEdge faster, more efficiently, and consistently.
Why LightEdge Dedicated Private Cloud?
Leverage the technology stack you know and trust with the benefits and scalability your business needs to remain competitive.
- Powerful – Our DPC is built on VMware’s proven technology and is powerful enough for even the most mission-critical applications
- Scalable – Deploying additional resources is fast and easy, so you can get on with more strategic endeavors
- Compliant – Physically separate hardware for HIPAA and PCI-DSS compliance
- Managed – LightEdge data centers are ISO 20000 & ISO 27001 validated with all operations following ITIL best practices
- Monitored – Gain peace of mind with LightEdge’s superior informatics, dashboards, and alerts to maintain and optimize your environment
Private versus Public Cloud
A public cloud is a deployment model where computing services and resources are supplied by a third party provider and shared via the internet with multiple organizations or cloud “tenants.” The physical structure is managed by the provider and enables easy scalability with little maintenance at a lower cost.
Compared to a public cloud, private clouds ensure optimal data control and security. If your organization handles sensitive data or has specific compliance needs, a private cloud environment is the better solution.
Hosting and Cloud Resources
See Whitepapers and Case Studies to help keep your business protected and compliant.
LightEdge’s Dedicated Private Cloud Services are right for you if:
- You have high performance and/or robust workload objectives
- You want to avoid CapEx spending for next equipment lifecycle
- You need to move skilled IT staff away from worrying about hardware
- You need to meet strict compliance and security standards, such as HIPAA or PCI-DSS
Dedicated Private Cloud Client Example & Case Study
Bulldog Solutions is an Austin-based, marketing technology company that needed a more robust IT infrastructure solution in preparation for the launch of their new software product. The solution had to meet their requirements for security and handling sensitive client information.
LightEdge was engaged to deliver a private cloud solution that met their needs for a highly secure, scalable and flexible hosted environment.
See the entire case study and solution outcome here: Bulldog Solutions Case Study