Cloud compliance consulting for a variety of industries
LightEdge builds security and redundancy into every detail of our data center facilities and service offerings. LightEdge is one of an elite few to be both ISO 20000-1 and ISO 27001 certified, and many of our facilities and services have been audited against SOC, HIPAA, and PCI DSS by Schellman.
These certifications and compliance standards only scratch the surface of LightEdge’s compliance and security knowledge. Our Chief Security Officer & Chief Compliance Officer also offer expertise in other prominent regulatory standards, such as NIST, FedRAMP, CJIS, and NERC-CIP. Although LightEdge’s facilities and services are not certified within these compliance standards, our experts have the know-how to advise you on meeting your compliance requirements, regardless of industry standard.
NIST & FISMA
Non-compliance with federal regulations is a significant risk for any company that stores, processes, or sends government information, such as manufacturers and local, state and federal governments. Like any compliance standard, however, meeting National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) standards comes with its fair share of confusion. If you have questions regarding the parameters of the NIST regulation and how it should be implemented, you are not alone.
The Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) provides federal agencies a standardized approach to cloud hosting, using subsets of NIST Special Publication 800-53 cloud security controls. FedRAMP creates transparency between the U.S. government and cloud providers, offering consistency and security in cloud hosting services.
The Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy establishes minimum security requirements and controls for safeguarding sensitive criminal justice information (CJI). Law enforcement and other government agencies in the U.S. that process CJI must use cloud services that meet CJIS standards. The CJIS Security Policy combines presidential and FBI directives, federal laws, and the criminal justice community’s Advisory Policy Board decisions with guidance from the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) to ensure CJI is stored with privacy and security built into every detail.
The North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) is a nonprofit international regulatory authority that helps safeguard the reliability of North American bulk power systems, covering the U.S., Canada, and a part of Baja California in Mexico. NERC administers the Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) program, which defines a set of standards for the minimum security requirements for cyber assets that are critical to the North American electricity grid operation.
Why work with LightEdge to meet your security needs?
Working with LightEdge’s highly skilled Security & Compliance Professionals offers you:
- More Flexibility: A data center can be a costly operation, especially if it isn’t run efficiently, and scaling up to meet new storage requirements is not an easy task for an in-house data center. LightEdge offers the flexibility needed to compete in unpredictable markets, allowing you to scale securely, predictably, and cost-effectively.
- Expert Assistance: Simplify the complexity of your IT and compliance by leveraging LightEdge’s experts, technology, and network of partners. You can focus on providing value to your customers while we do the heavy lifting.
- Up-to-Date Practices: LightEdge is continually evaluating regulatory compliance requirements and annually renews our certifications in PCI, HIPAA, SOC 2 Type 2, and more. Our engineers and security methods help your company reach compliance faster and maintain ongoing compliance.
Our Compliance & Security Deliverables
Leverage our meticulous planning, implementation and management services to simplify the burden of compliance and security:
- Risk Assessment – Get a fresh perspective on how well you meet best practices in security and gain visibility into vulnerabilities that need remediation.
- Security Controls – Based on findings from the risk assessment, our experts recommend the appropriate security controls you’ll need to protect sensitive data and pass audits.
- Security Policies – Use our pre-built security templates to enforce policies and procedures that safeguard your business.
- Managed Security Solutions – If you lack time, resources, or expertise to manage the daily activities of security and compliance, LightEdge’s managed solutions are ideal.
- Security Audit Support – We help you gather the evidence and documentation you need to prove you’re in compliance; we even provide support during third-party audits.
Cloud and Hosting Services that balance control, security, and cost
At LightEdge, we know that what companies value in their cloud hosting partners differs from company to company. That’s why we have a range of cloud solutions that meet different levels of control, security, and budget, based on your preferences. We provide compliant private cloud in both a dedicated physical infrastructure deployment and virtual delivery model, deployed and delivered to your specifications.
Colocation Services in stable locations across the U.S.
Leverage our carrier-grade data center facilities to host your own corporate resources. We offer custom Colocation options, dedicated staff, and facilities designed to offer N+1 redundancy on every main component, providing greater protection and security for your crucial IT operations.
Data Protection & Business Continuity Solutions
Business IT availability is essential to the livelihood of every company, big or small. Trust in LightEdge’s Data Protection and Business Continuity Services, that blend physical with virtual and cloud with on-premises to create a Hybrid Solution Center.