The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) establishes requirements for the use, disclosure, and safeguarding of protected health information (PHI). HIPAA should be top-of-mind for any organization that handles or stores sensitive healthcare data, including:
- Health Insurance Providers
- HR departments
Due to the shifting IT landscape, 80% of healthcare data will travel to the cloud by 2020. It’s becoming increasingly uneconomical for businesses to run their own data centers due to the growing need for HIPAA considerations in cloud storage, security, and IT infrastructure. The transition away from traditional, on-site data storage is fast approaching and businesses are looking for cloud storage partners that consider HIPAA in their control environment to help keep sensitive healthcare data secure.
What does it mean to be a Colocation and hosting provider that has undergone an independent third-party examination based on the HIPAA Security Rule requirements?
LightEdge has successfully undergone a third-party examination against the HIPAA Security Rule and HITECH Breach Notification Requirements and has been issued a Type 1 attestation report from an independent CPA firm.
Our HIPAA report includes the HIPAA Security Rule and HITECH Breach Notification Requirements to demonstrate that we have controls in place to protect the security, confidentiality, and availability of your electronic protected health information (ePHI).
You need a HIPAA-compliant cloud hosting & IT services partner that understands HIPAA Requirements
Outsourcing a hospital or clinic’s information security and IT infrastructure is an important decision and transferring legacy data and applications is a sensitive task.
Strengthen your company’s risk mitigation and compliance story just like hundreds of other healthcare providers that have turned to LightEdge Solutions.
- More Flexibility: A data center can be a costly operation, especially if it isn’t run efficiently. With medical imaging, PAC, and other healthcare data storage requirements constantly evolving, scaling up to meet new storage requirements is not an easy task for an in-house data center. LightEdge offers the flexibility needed to compete in an unpredictable market, allowing you to scale securely, predictably, and cost-effectively.
- Expert Assistance: Keeping up with an ever-evolving IT landscape can be time consuming. Leave that to LightEdge’s IT experts so that you can utilize your internal staff most effectively. We’ll keep up with the ever-evolving IT market so you can focus on providing patient care.
- Annual reviews: LightEdge is audited yearly by an independent third-party CPA firm to ensure we keep up with ever-evolving technology and compliance regulations.
The control you want, with the security and cost you need
At LightEdge, we know that what companies value in their cloud hosting and IT services partners differs from company to company. That’s why we have a range of offerings that cover different levels of control, security, and cost, based on your preferences. You tell us what you need, and we customize the service offering to fit your operation.
Our Compliance & Security Process
Take advantage of our compliance planning, implementation and management services to reduce the burden of HIPAA compliance. As you may know, the responsibility of compliance is shared:
- Risk Assessment – Get a fresh perspective on how well you meet HIPAA requirements and best practices in security. We’ll uncover any vulnerabilities that need remediation.
- Security Controls – Based on findings from the risk assessment, our experts recommend the proper controls to protect sensitive data and pass your HIPAA reviews.
- Security Policies – Use our pre-built policy templates to enforce policies and procedures that safeguard your business.
- Managed Security Solutions – If you lack time, resources, or expertise to manage the daily activities of compliance, LightEdge’s managed solutions are ideal.
- Security Audit Support – We help you gather the evidence and documentation you need when undergoing HIPAA reviews; we even provide support during your third-party audits.