LightEdge Completes SOC 3 Examination
CPA Firm Issues SOC 3 Report on Controls Over Security and Availability at LightEdge Solutions
DES MOINES, IOWA – ( October 11, 2016) – LightEdge Solutions, a cloud computing and Data Center provider, today announced that the company has undergone a Service Organization Control 3SM examination resulting in a CPA’s report stating that management of LightEdge Solutions maintained effective controls over the security and availability of its data center. The engagement was performed by Schellman & Co.
A SOC 3 SM report is designed to meet the needs of existing or potential customers who need assurance about the effectiveness of controls at a service organization that are relevant to the security, availability, or processing integrity of the system used by the service organization to process customers’ information, or the confidentiality or privacy of that information.
“We are pleased that our SOC 3SM report has shown that we have the appropriate controls in place to mitigate risks related to security and availability,” said Jake Gibson Chief Security and Compliance Officer.
The following principles and related criteria have been developed by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) and the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA) for use by practitioners in the performance of trust services engagements:
- The system is protected against unauthorized access (both physical and logical).
- The system is available for operation and use as committed or agreed.
- Processing integrity. System processing is complete, accurate, timely and authorized.
- Information designated as confidential is protected as committed or agreed.
- Personal information is collected, used, retained, disclosed and destroyed in conformity with the commitments in the entity’s privacy notice and with criteria set forth in generally accepted privacy principles issued by the AICPA and CICA.
- A SOC 3SM report is an internal control report on the services provided by a service organization to its customers and provides valuable information that existing and potential customers of the service organization need to assess and address the risks associated with an outsourced service.
Current and prospective customers interested in a copy of our SOC 3SM report may request a copy through the company’s website.
About LightEdge Solutions
LightEdge Solutions is an experienced and proven leader in, data center, Enterprise IT cloud solutions, and network integration, providing businesses with reliable access to Fortune 100-level infrastructure that quickly adapts and scales to meet changing business requirements. LightEdge, which is owned by The Anschutz Corporation, was founded in 1996 and is headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa. LightEdge serves both Midwestern and national companies from its five regional office locations with scalable and customized IT solutions that leverage a fully redundant network backbone connecting all carrier neutral data centers, as well as an experienced team of engineers.